I was reading an article in Today Magazine about how couples who do "nothing" or simple things together are actually happier then those who do a ton of activities together all the time. A quiet place full of little distractions can certainly help to foster a comfortable environment for you to slow down, talk and just be together.
Whether you are in the middle of planning for your wedding, or you’re just in a busy season of your life, it doesn’t have to take much to plan a fun, easy date. Today I'm sharing one of the things Danny and I love to do when life gets crazy.
Even if it is a Wednesday night after a hard day at work, or a Saturday afternoon after we've worked on the house for a while, we like to pack up some food, put on some tennis shoes and go to a local park for a long hike. Here are a few of our favorite food items to bring.
Chicken Salad Sandwhich
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, green onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken.
- Scoop on to a roll and add a piece of lettuce on top.
- Pack some olives, grapes and some sparkling lemonade.
So the next time you feel stressed about your wedding planning or your challenging job, going on a hike and packing a simple lunch might just be exactly what you need.