This year I decided to make a simple garland for my fire place. I foraged for greenery around my backyard. Below you will find the steps for making a simple DIY. Enjoy!
A variety of greenery
1. Start by cutting a variety of greenery. I used sprigs of pine, nandina and laurel.
2. Start with the Laurel leaves first. Group them in threes and wrapped floral wire around them. Make sure to leave a little bit of wire to attach to the rope.
3. Next cut a piece of twine and fold it in half. Put your first laurel leaf at the center of the twine and evenly attach the other laurel leaves around the rest of the twine. Make sure to make them all go in the same direction.
4. Pair the nandina with the pine by wrapping them each with a little floral wire.
5. Attach each of the pine and nandina sections along the rope in between the laurel leaves.
6. This would be a good time to put the garland in the location that you want it to hang, so that you can start to fill in those areas that might have gaps.
7. You can mix in some antlers along the garland to add some different texture if your like. I simply placed them gently in between sections of garland that was sitting on my mantle.
Thats it! Happy Holidays friends!